[mythtv-users] OTA interference with cable causing ghosting

Edmund edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com
Thu Jul 31 08:24:38 UTC 2008

I'm sure you've tried some of these but these are things I'd try:-

Do all your neighbours have the same problem?

Try doing a test with the shortest possible cables, temporarily move
your TV and box near the cable point.

There might be an earth tab on the cable box.

Do you redistribute the signal inside your house? If so test without that.

I'm not sure which country you are in and how it works there. But how do
you connect your TV to the cable box? Is it modulated? If it is you
might be able to change the frequency to one further away from those
broadcast near to you.