[mythtv-users] Only 1348 pixels out of 1360 with Intel X driver (and mythstream is weird)

Eric ericgies at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Jul 31 00:30:26 UTC 2008

On 31 July 2008 00:41:06 C.T. Paterson wrote:
> 2008/7/30 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> > On 07/30/2008 05:50 PM, C.T. Paterson wrote:
> >> 2008/7/30 C.T. Paterson

> >> There was some manner of reset setting in the TV - I used that - and
> >> the image now fills the screen.  I'm still a little flummoxed as to
> >> what happened and how it was that that was the solution - but it seems
> >> all is well again.
> >
> > Yep.  Most TV's scale images--especially those received from "computer"
> > inputs--so that they work like a normal monitor.
> >
> >> My mythstream is still goofed.  Anyone know what's happening there, or
> >> is there anything I can supply that will help diagnose?
> >
> > Probably the video driver (and lack of support for what you're trying to
> > do).
>
> Just curious - what is it about what I'm trying to do that is
> unsupported?  Certainly this is turning out to be more of a pain than
> I expected (a couple of other minor irritants that I have not
> mentioned), and am considering putting the card back in.
>
> Cheers.

Maybe you can check MPlayer's software scaling options. From memory, the
commandline parameter -zoom enables it.

The parameters Mythstream passes to MPlayer are listed in the player.xml file
added there. The zoom parameter is in player.xml by default, but might be
removed in your distribution / custom install.