[mythtv-users] Which 3rd party repository should I use for Fedora 9?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jul 30 21:49:50 UTC 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Carlos Javier Borroto wrote:

> I'm in the process of testing waters with Fedora, I'm coming from
> Ubuntu(Mythbuntu), one of my main use of Linux at home is MythTV and
> reading about it in Fedora[1], I see MythDora should be my best bet,
> but I don't only use the PC for MythTV, so I want something I could
> upgrade to the newest version available at the time. MythDora doesn't
> seems to follow Fedora's releases, right now version 5 is based on
> Fedora 8.

Why are you moving from Mythbuntu to Fedora?

>> From the same guide it seems the other place where I can find rpms
>> for
> MythTV is from atrpms.net, but I also found that many people use rpms
> for Nvidia and ATI cards, some multimedia packages, etc, from
> rpm.livna.org, which also have MythTV rpms, even when my experience
> with rpm is quite vague, I know that mixing several 3rd party
> repositories is not a good thing, so any advice which path should I
> take?

Your instinct is right. Don't mix rpm repositories unless there is a
specific reason you need to. I used to mess up my nvidia packages all
the time because I originally followed a guide that said I should be
using freshrpms as well as atrpms. As soon as I got rid of freshrpms
and stuck with what Axel (ATrpms) says works, all was much better. :)

-Brad