[mythtv-users] Some recordings do not appear in Watch Recordings but file is on hard drive and was in Upcoming Recordings?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 21:29:50 UTC 2008

>> Does anyone know what could be causing some of my recordings to not
>> appear in the Watch Recordings list.
>> It only affects some recordings and I have not found a pattern.
>> If I look in my recordings directory the MPG file is present,
>> approximately the correct file size and if I double click it it plays
>> in an external player.
>> It just looks like MythTV has not added it to the Watch Recordings
>> list for some reason.
>> I am using DVB-T cards and Mythbuntu 7.1 with MythTV v0.21.

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

Should have made it clearer a record is not added to the database
(recorded table I think) so it does not matter what I do with the
front end it will never be listed as the record is not their to be
shown.

Is there anything I can do to try to track down why the record is not
being added?

As previously said it is completely random/intermitent - I can have 10
recordings with no problem and then 1 that is not added.  For example,
it could be recording 3 programmes from the same channel in sequence
and the 3rd one does not appear.

The file is on the hard drive, it says it has been recorded in
mythbackend log and I can not see it being a permissions problem as
the other recordings are added fine.

Thanks