[mythtv-users] MyMote has been released on the App Store!

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:28:10 UTC 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 3:16 PM, jedi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:30:37AM -0700, Ross Campbell wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Chase Douglas
>> <chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> A quick note that MyMote has been released on the App Store today!
>>> Note that the version they have was submitted on July 1st, and some
>>> changes and bug fixes have been made since then. If you try it out
>>> and
>>> have any issues, feel free to see the MyMote website (http://trac2.assembla.com/mymote/wiki
>>> ) about obtaining a development (but more stable) version.
>>
>> Great! I'm excited to see so much mythtv development involving the
>> iPhone. Can't wait to have a mythtv frontend app that can let me
>> stream recordings and some way to do transcoding on the fly... (maybe
>> tie in with the flashplayer somehow?)
>
> Cool idea. Not sure about the price.
>
> Is there a "platform" you could do this with that wouldn't be so
> expensive.
>
> It doesn't necessarily have to be a phone (probably would be better
> if not).

Without having any real range of price stated, if you don't want the
phone because of the extra phone plan costs, you can still get an iPod
touch starting at $299 or free if you are a student getting a mac
right now. Soon they'll be introducing the new iPod Touch it seems, so
that may drive prices down further. It's certainly no replacement for
the $30 universal remote, but there are many remotes that cost just as
much or more. The advantage is you get an iPod as well. The
disadvantage is it doesn't have any IR capabilities.