[mythtv-users] Minor Screen Refresh Visible

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Jul 30 13:20:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 08:39:54AM -0400, C.T. Paterson wrote:
> 2008/7/30 Petteri Matilainen <pmatil at gmail.com>:
> > VGA->SCART adapter cable. Do I need to modify the xorg.conf modeline?
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> My experience does not suggest I had a modeline problem - but it's
> possible.  Where did you get yours from?  I've got an LCD HDTV, and
> some of them are known to supply incorrect modelines to Xorg (google
> for a "UseEDID" xorg option).  Mine appeared to be one of them, so I
> obtained mine by running "gtf" on the command line, and used the
> generated modeline in my xorg.conf.

You could certainly be running with a modeline that your LCD
does not quite like. I just acquired an LCD, and discovered that
the NVidia built-in 1920x1080_60 mode was horrendously
overscanning horizontally. The manual contained all the required
timings, though, and I built a perfect modeline out of that.

-dsr-

When freedom gets lots of exercise, it protects itself.