[mythtv-users] using the same channel from two different sources

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Jul 30 12:49:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Andrew Williams wrote:

> Set the channum as the name number (to 1, i guess) and it should use
> both tuners as the same channel, as long as the EPG data is the same.

I never quite worked out how the EPG was intended to be filled when you
have multiple sources with the same channel.

If both sources are using xmltv, are you supposed to run the grabber
twice, once for each source?  What if one of the sources has access to an
EIT and the other doesn't (e.g. one of them is a DVB receiver and the
other is S-video from an external decoder box)?

  - Steve