[mythtv-users] using the same channel from two different sources

Simon Allcorn simon.allcorn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 10:17:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

I can't see the answer to this elsewhere so I'm hoping someone will have an
idea:

I've got 2x DVB-T and 1x DVB-S cards in my backend. I'm in the UK and all
the channels (more or less) available on DVB-T are also available on DVB-S,
although they have a different channel id, so for example:

BBC1 (DVB-T) channel id #1
BBC1 (DVB-S) channel id #123456 (or some such high number)

What I want to be able to do is schedule some recordings on channel 'BBC1'
and let myth spread them out over the DVB-T and DVB-S receivers. Currently
my myth setup treats BBC1 from DVB-S as a different channel to BBC1 from
DVB-T which is not what I want.

I'm not sure if this is possible or if I've just not set myth correctly -
help !

thanks

Simon