[mythtv-users] Status of MHEG5 for DVB-S (28.2E/28.5E)

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Jul 30 09:43:21 UTC 2008

Some Googling around suggested that Myth's support for the MHEG5
interactive content being broadcast from the Astra 2 and Eurobird 1
satellite clusters was fairly good, but missing a few minor features.

I was briefly trying out the interactive stuff in the current Subversion
trunk last night, and only the BBC channels seemed to respond to pressing
F2 (the red button).  BBCi also isn't at all usable - there is no
background colour, just black text on a transparent background, and
selecting one of the options (such as "Weather") didn't work at all.

Is this the extent of the current support, or have I missed something?
Also, how do you get out of interactive mode and back to the normal TV
channel?  Escape just takes me out of LiveTV mode entirely.

  - Steve