[mythtv-users] 'Real' fastfwd/rewind

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 08:24:37 UTC 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 1:09 PM, John H wrote:

> Depends on how you have your remote keys binded. I have a left and
> right arrow and that skips forward or backwards. I then have a fast
> forward key. I click on the fast forward once and it starts forwarding
> at x3 click again x5 then x10 etc. etc. It moves forward until I hit
> play. I also have sticky ffwd/rwnd enabled.

You can even go a step further if you have enough keys. On my remote,
pressing up or down will jump 3 minutes (forward or back) while
pressing left or right will jump 30seconds, and then I have 2 extra
sets of arrow keys, one set I have mapped to the commercial skip
(forward and back) and the other mapped to sticky rw and ff.

to OP: In a nutshell, yes, it can do what you want.