[mythtv-users] New frontend possibility?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jul 29 22:11:22 UTC 2008

<james at thearmstrongs.org>wrote:
> > How does this look for a nice frontend?
> >

> > http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/desktop-studio-h
> >ybrid?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ref=homepg
> >
> > - James
> >
> > _____
>
> I think the Acer Aspire that I posted about a month ago is a better deal,
> although arguably not quite as sexy looking as the Dell:
>
> *Acer**(R)** Aspire X1200-U1510A:* *Available now for a MSRP of $459.99*
>
>    - AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual Core 5000+ Processor
>    - NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8200 On-Board Graphics
>    - 4GB DDR2 Memory
>    - 320GB SATA II Hard Drive (2)
>    - 16x DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM SuperMulti, Double-Layer Drive
>    - 14-in-One Media Card Reader
>    - Windows Vista(R) Premium 64 with SP1
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/08/acer-rolls-out-the-aspire-x1200-home-the
>ater-friendly-mini-pc-fo/

If we're talking about small machines, I have a:

Pavillion Slimline
HP s3421p
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
DVD burner w/Lighscribe
802.11 b/g
nVidia 6150 graphics
Vista Home Premium (yuk)

I think I paid about $500, I also think there is a cheaper model with a slower
CPU and less RAM for about $100 less.

I didn't buy it for Myth, but looking at the other posts it should make a
decent frontend, and the form factor is nice and small, and it is very quiet
except for the optical drive, which is kind of loud.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=829399

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01386885&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

BTW - all the adverts say it has 3GB of RAM, which is what the box says as
well, but the fact is mine came with 4GB. The official HP site says 4GB, but
my box says "3072MB", which is wrong.

beww