[mythtv-users] HDMI audio and video

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 22:03:44 UTC 2008

On 29/07/2008 22:42, William V wrote:

> I'm trying to get audio and video over HDMI. I have an Asus p5e-vm
> motherboard with integrated intel graphics and hdmi.
>
> I'm using mythbuntu, but have also tried knoppmyth. Video works great
> so far over the hdmi connection. Everything is automatically detected
> and setup. The audio is the problem right now. I am able to unmute my
> hdmi audio using alsamixer from the command line and this will cause
> the video to stutter really bad, but I'll get a single frame of audio
> every 5 seconds.

I'm using the P5E-VM-HDMI, but with Fedora9

I had to upgrade to a newer ALSA driver (from ATRPMS in Fedora's case)
and a newer Intel Xorg driver to prevent the audio stutter (and in may
case the audio interfered drastically with the video), when the HD-ATI
output was enabled,

The audio over HDMI gives only the left channel rather than stereo, but
this is a known issue in the ALSA bugzilla.