[mythtv-users] HDMI input and output

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue Jul 29 20:13:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM, J <jsweepstakes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody..
> I'm sure this has been asked already (but I've been searching gossimer and
> google with no luck)
>
> I'm looking for a way to have HDMI in and HDMI out.
>
> I'm looking to switch to FIOS possibly, and will have to use firewire for
> tuning and HDMI for output...

Howdy J,

I'm not sure why you didn't find anything on this... gossamer has
several references (watch line wrapping on the click):
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=hdmi+input&search_type=AND

Short answer is that HDMI-in is not cost effective.
HDMI-out is a no brainer - New Egg shows many video cards with DVI or HDMI.

You might search the archives for FiOS to see what others are doing.

   Marc