[mythtv-users] Problem with certain movies

John Burns john at burnshome.com
Tue Jul 29 16:13:16 UTC 2008

I have a bunch of movies that seem to have problems playing in myth. All of
my movies have been ripped to ISO using either DVD Shrink or DVDFab
Decrypter. Recently, I've been using DVDFab Decrypter more and all of the
new movies I've been ripping work great except one. That one is Pirates of
the Carribean 3. That one loads and plays all preview stuff and then when it
gets to where the movie should play it goes back to the DVD description
screen like I just selected it form the video list. Lots of other movies do
that where I ripped just the main movie. As soon as you click play the
screen goes black for a second and then jumps right back to the DVD
description screen. All of the ISOs work fine when loaded into Daemon Tools
on my XP machine and then I can open them and watch the movies in PowerDVD.
For whatever reason they just won't work in Myth. Mine is set to use the
internal player for DVDs and all of the DVDs that I rip should have all CSS
and encryption removed. I can't find any common thread among any of the
movies that won't work. Is anyone having the same problems or does anyone
have suggestions? Thanks for your help!

John