[mythtv-users] Nice lircrc configuration for the Apple remote

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:17:32 UTC 2008

> A combination of LIRCRC and the key editor ....
> Sure I'd like more keys, especially to have the ability to switch
> between sources as for some reasons mythtv using the up and down key
> only stay within the same source (a bit stupid IMO)
>
> I have a logitech harmony that I don't use.. I'll see what kind of IR
> code I can use that would still work with the Apple IR receiver..

I use a harmony remote.

I had to manually learn around 70 remote keys by changing the device
ID and re-learning the next 6 codes.

Added these to my lirc conf file as I learned each code.

Then just mapped these to my usual button on my harmony.  This took a
bit of work (probably 30 minutes) but it allows me to use the harmony
remote with the default AppleTV IR receiver without hitching up a
separate USB based IR receiver.

So all is well that ends well.  Here is some more information for you:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/UpdateIRDriver

All of the work necessary to get the AppleTV up and running with Myth
is located here:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/

Scott's done a terrific job of documenting this.

The atv-bootloader forum is full of very useful information as well.
I would suggest you look there for AppleTV and Myth help:
http://groups.google.com/group/atv-bootloader/

HTH,
Dave