[mythtv-users] automatic mythfilldatabase not adding any new days

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Jul 29 06:39:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, July 29, 2008 1:14 am, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 29/07/2008, Edmund <edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>> Each night mythfilldatabase runs automatically from the backend but it
>>  doesn't add any new data at the end.
>>
>>  For example if there are 14 days data the next day it will only
>> retrieve
>>  13 days and then 12 days. However if I run mythfilldatabase manually (
>>  but as the mythtv user) it works correctly bringing in 14 days.
>
> The behaviour you initially describe is frequently down to the Radio
> Times not updating the listings files, but that should be the case
> whether it is run automatically or manually. The
> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/94.dat file currently has data until
> 10/08/2008, which is 13 full days.
>
> Are any other uk_rt users seeing the same behaviour?

I seem to frequently see this error when I check the status in MythTv
(through my frontend) - the old "mythfilldb ran, but didn't insert any
data..." error.  In fact, when I checked last night it said that.  However
checking this morning (via mythweb) it says everything is fine and there
is guide data for 13 days.

I've not tried running it manually when I've seen these errors and it has
always fixed itsself after a day or so.  I just assumed it was RT not
updating the files.

Robert.