[mythtv-users] AppleTV & mythfrontend... n00b issue?

Sarah Katherine Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Jul 28 18:19:01 UTC 2008

Brian Phillips wrote:
> Sarah Katherine Hayes wrote:
>
>> I've got myself a 40Gb AppleTV and used a patchstick to get SSH and
>> assorted other things installed on it.  I'm trying to get a
>> precompiled 0.21-fixes binary from Sniderpad to fire up but it seems
>> to bomb out with the message:
>>
>> Bus Error
>>

>> Even using ./MythFrontend -v all reveals nothing obvious.  So, anyone
>> got Mythfrontend running on a patchstick'd ATV (I'm not *that*
>> interested in blitzing it for Linux) that could give me an idiots
>> guide as it were?
>>

> The patchstick is a VERY stripped down version of linux.  It's actually a
> compiled version of busybox.  Scott will probably be able to fill you in on
> the details, but I know the patchstick version is missing a LOT of
> libraries.  I doubt you'll be able to just grab a mythfrontend binary and
> run it.  Even "nslookup" and other DNS resolutions don't work in the
> patchstick busybox because of missing libraries.  It's REALLY stripped down.
>
> If you don't want to install linux to the PATA drive, you can always install
> linux (a full distro) to the USB stick.  You can also run a liveCD version
> from your patchstick and have a working frontend that way.
>
> Brian

Ahh, sorry.  I'm not trying to run Myth from the Patchstick environment,
but from the  OS installed on the AppleTV (stripped down 10.4 from what
I gather).  I suspect I'm asking too much of it and it needs additional
libraries or something installed but can't find clues as to what as it
seems to connect to the backend so I assume QT is in there... somewhere.

Sarah