[mythtv-users] HDMI input

Johan Heikkilä johan.heikkila at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:03:37 UTC 2008

2008/7/25 Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk>:
> Hey list.
>
> Since I liv far out in the Country in Denmark - I have no other option
> than Satelite TV.
> I have thought about how to to this - but are stopping caurse I can't
> get further???
>
> I hgave a satelite reciever ( Dreambox HD800) which have either DVI or
> HDMI output.
> How do I get this signal into my MythTV installation, so I'm able of
> seeing HD TV from satelite.
>
> Now I have looked around for a solution, but haven't got the luck yet to
> complete the idea.
> So instead of using a lot of monet -. trying my way  I'm asking about
> your experiences and ideas about this setup???
>
> Thanks

MythTV has native support for Dreambox/Dbox2 as a tuner input. This is
old code and requires old firmware in the Dreambox. Thus, I have never
tried it myself (I have a DM-500). But the 800 model should be
sufficient for streaming video over ethernet (the older models had
problems). But I think that it requires that someone rewrites the
support in MythTV for newer Dreambox firmware.

At least you can always use the Dreambox for sharing your subscription
with MythTV, if you buy a DVB-S card for MythTV. This subject should
not be mentioned on this list, however.

Johan