[mythtv-users] DVB-S channel scanning gets stuck

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:59:51 UTC 2008

2008/7/28 Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org>

> Steve Hill wrote:
> > Oh, almost certainly...  mind you, at my last property the arial was
> > rubbish and so I received the analogue terrestrial channels from the NTL
> > cable which was installed, even though I wasn't an NTL customer (they
> > can't argue that that's a breach of my contract since I didn't have a
> > contract :)
>
> Digressing slightly though, but isn't that technically known as "theft",

I'd actually quite like to know, but I suspect not. What are you actually
stealing? They only provide 1 to 5, which are also available over the air.
If it was illegal then they'd make more effort to disconnect once the
previous occupants had left. I beleive they do it to encourage new
customers.

(Or to put it another way, why would they put an F to arial adaptor on the
end when they took the STB away?)

However, I do live in a very heavy student area so they do sometimes go
round and disconnect all the people not using it to reduce signal drain.

Ian