[mythtv-users] DVB-S channel scanning gets stuck

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jul 28 14:01:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Ian Clark wrote:

Ok, very strange...  I reinstalled the machine with Fedora 9 (I was using
an ancient Fedora Core 6 install) and it all works now...

I do wonder where on earth Myth pulls the crazy channel numbers from
though...

> But as NTL won't officially give me digital and I have no rooftop arial it's
> the only way to get BBC3 and 4.

I'm assuming you can't put up a dish?

> It's probably a breach of their T+Cs to use a DVB-C card at all, although I do
> pay them a fair amouont of cash a month for a sub standard analog service
> (which I nolonger use), so I don't feel too bad.

Oh, almost certainly...  mind you, at my last property the arial was
rubbish and so I received the analogue terrestrial channels from the NTL
cable which was installed, even though I wasn't an NTL customer (they
can't argue that that's a breach of my contract since I didn't have a
contract :)

  - Steve