[mythtv-users] keeping multiple seasons separate

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 27 12:24:42 UTC 2008

On 07/27/2008 05:13 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> I am recording season 1 of a show I like (Mad Men). Now, half-way through
> season 1, season 2 has started on another channel. I want to avoid watching
> season 2 until I have watched season 1. As far as I know, the Recordings
> display will show the same title for both seasons, so in order to ignore
> season 2 I can ignore any recording of that show done on the channel that
> carries it.
>

> But, is there a better way to do this? To have the Title marked as being from
> season 2?

Some guide data--like that provided by Schedules Direct (which it seems
you may have based on your e-mail)--includes an original airdate.  If
yours does, you can set mythfrontend to sort by original airdate, then
(allow Myth to record all episodes--including season 2) and just
remember the name of the first episode from season 2 and watch any show
that appears before it in the list.  Once you've recorded/watched the
last episode of season 1, enjoy season 2.

In mythfrontend settings:

Sort Episodes
 - Record date
 - Original Air date
 - Program ID
Selects how to sort a shows episodes

Under TV Settings|Playback Settings on page 4 (or so), "View Recordings".

Mike