[mythtv-users] MythWeb WOL/Redirector

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Jul 25 16:20:45 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008 10:38:09 am Ashley Bostock wrote:
> 2008/7/25 Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>:
> > I love MythWeb and for simplicity's sake, I wanted to run it from my
> > master backend. But I also wanted to use ACPI and some other power saving
> > techniques to shutdown/sleep the backend when it wasn't being used.
> >
> > The trouble is that I work at night and want to access MythWeb, I can't,
> > since it needs the master backend to be up.
> >
> > So rather than running it 24/7, I worked on this "MythWeb WOL/Redirector"
> > PHP page to be run from another webserver, which is more likely to be
> > running 24/7.
> >
> > It's all here: http://messinet.com/?page_name=MythWebWOLRedirector
> >
> > I hope it's useful for some others. *Constructive* comments, feedback,
> > suggestions, etc. welcome.
>
> I do the same thing with my mythbox, but just use
> http://www.dslreports.com/wakeup for sending the wake up packet.  What
> would be useful though would be a way to lock the backend using
> mythweb without having to ssh in and run mythshutdown --lock.
>
> Ash

could that be done by inserting a val into the db:

LOCK TABLE settings WRITE;
SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value = 'MythShutdownLock' AND hostname IS NULL;
INSERT INTO settings (value, data) VALUES ('MythShutdownLock', '1');
UNLOCK TABLES;

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E