[mythtv-users] shows won't play - 20 second time out

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 25 12:27:21 UTC 2008

On 07/24/2008 10:30 PM, scram69 wrote:
> Whatever "Resyncing position map" is, it routinely takes between 12
> and 20 seconds to do when I start a recorded show.  When it takes
> longer (22 seconds in this case), I hit the timeout and get bounced
> back to the menu.
> From the log, it looks like it might be a database issue, but it
> happens for _every_ recording.  I run the database optimization perl
> script daily.

Have you tried running optimize_mythdb.pl from the command line to
ensure it's actually working?  There were changes between 0.20 and 0.21
that may mean your configuration no longer works.  For example, the Perl
bindings now require additional modules for UPnP and use config.xml
rather than mysql.txt.

Mike