[mythtv-users] MythTV insist on using a CRAZY way of entering numbers

Andreas Vermehren AVermehren at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 08:22:24 UTC 2008

I really don't know how I can descripe it, but when I want to enter numbers in MythTV (e.g. to change a videoname after I have look it up in imdb.com) than I have to enter this numbers a lot to get the desired option.

E.g. if I press 1 once I get a A, if I press it twice I get a B, if I press it three time I get a C, if I press it four time I get a ! if I press it five time I get a 1 (I think this is wrong, but you should get the impression what I want to tell you).

So if I want to change the movie Thunderball to 007 Thunderball I have to enter:
99999999999999997777 to get the 007.

Is there a way to change the behavior, that I can enter the number with one keypress? I think I have somewhere enable the typing adds, but I don't know where the option is.