[mythtv-users] Better Satellite Service in the US

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jul 24 20:08:03 UTC 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Steve Heistand wrote:

>> After I hooked it back up HDMI, and while I was working on
>> programming
>> it and training the user, I accidentally hit *some* button, and the
>> HDMI output got an overlapped black dialogue box that said something
>> about "Copy Protected Programming: YPrPb output disabled".
>>
>> You do the math.
>>

> that is coming everywhere yes, however at that moment I cancel my
> service and tell them why. at which point I go fully the protocol
> that shall not be named which is free and free of crap like this.

When I first got my AppleTV, I hooked it up via HDMI->DVI and tried to
play a movie I bought from the iTunes store. It said it couldn't play
via HDMI and I had to hook it up to Component output in order to play.
Since I was using an Apple Cinema display that only takes DVI, I
reformatted the AppleTV, tossed out the $9.99 movie I bought and got
it on NetFlix.

I guess some people see Component as being ok to output and some
people see HDMI ok to output? I don't get it.