[mythtv-users] If I get the digest, how do I reply correctly?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:13:27 UTC 2008

Andrew Berry wrote:
> On 24-Jul-08, at 10:49 AM, Robin Hill wrote:
>
>> Almost certainly, you can't - none of the digest software I've used has
>> included the message IDs in the digest. These are what's used to tie
>> together the messages in a thread (and are why changing the subject
>> shouldn't affect threading).
>
> I would think that if a digest sent each message as a new mime part,
> then it would be simple for mailers to implement a 'reply to this
> section' function. Isn't that one of the advantages of mime anyways?

Fron what I've seen (And this isn't always guaranteed, but is for the
most part), when there's a Digest being sent out correctly, the mail
client (should) show it as a load of attached messages, along with
displaying said messages inline. If you want to reply to a message in
the thread, you open the attached message, then reply to that, rather
than replying to the entire digest.

But then, I've not done digest messaging in a LONG time.
--
Robert Johnston