[mythtv-users] Nova T-500 Remote Control

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Jul 23 10:02:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 17:00 +0800, KH Chai wrote:

> Thank you everyone for the suggestion.  This is a clean installation
> of
> MythBuntu, so sometime the device event# is different from machine to
> machine.

ah !

The official reference for all stuff concerning the card is here:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500

I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible, with help.

For the event number, you may be interested in thin paragraphs in
particular:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500#Genral_LIRC_settings

As you are using Mythbuntu, once you have the proper rule to generate a
fixed name, you may not want to edit the LIRC conf file directly, but
use the GUI and point it to the proper device name.

I may have Mythbuntu/Nova-t-500 tips and trick that could be of interest
on my web page too. See sig.

Nico
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc