[mythtv-users] Announce myth_dvbpodcast

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Jul 23 07:05:27 UTC 2008

In the UK there are several radio stations available via FreeView. The
stations are broadcast as dvb streams and may be recorded using MythTV.
However, Myth stores the channels in mpeg format, which won’t play on
many mp3 players. Also it’s not straightforward getting the file from
MythTV onto your player.

It is possible to use Justin Hornsby’s excellent dvbradioexport.pl to
export recordings in mp3 format, but I wanted to create an rss feed for
my recordings too. Rather than try to change dvbradioexport.pl, I
rewrote it in Python with some minor tweaks that allow my script to call
another script which creates the rss podcast feed.

Thus you can create a podcast feed for your radio recordings in Myth and
subscribe using any suitable device (I use my Nokia N95 8GByte). The
script could easily be adapted for providing a podcast style feed for
videos if you wished.

You can get the script and more information from
http://www.ian-barton.com/MythTV/MythdvbPodcast

Ian.