[mythtv-users] Hardy and myth error (BadAlloc)

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:36:39 UTC 2008

I just upgraded a working system from Dapper with myth 0.20 to Hardy with
0.21.  I did a fresh install of hardy, and then restored the recordings
section of my old database, and I can watch my old recordings just fine, but
when I try to watch live TV or record anything new, I get audio, but only a
blue screen, and a lot of errors that say
"X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources ofr operation) 11
Major opcode: 140
Minor Opcode: 19
Resource id: 0x0"

If I try to play the recorded program in vlc, I get the same error message,
and it bails after playing only 0.5 s of sound.

I searched a bit, and didn't find anything in google.  Is this a known
problem?

My hardware is an old Compaq, 1GHz P3, Intel motherboard with onboard 910
graphics, and a PVR-150 board.

Matthew Asplund