[mythtv-users] Integrating non-traditional program sources into MythTV (won't tell you what it 'was:')

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jul 22 18:33:37 UTC 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:27 AM, David Linville wrote:

> Exactly.  Here is an example weekly hour long show that has been
> "broadcasting" for several years:
>
> http://revision3.com/diggnation/
> RSS feed: http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/quicktime-high-definition/
>
> This show is so similar to a broadcast show that it feels wrong not
> to integrate it nicely with the rest of my recordings.
>
> I think it is a shame that this sort of explicitly legal use gets
> shouted down in these discussions.  I've seen links to 3 or 4 shows
> in this thread alone that were put out by tv studios or others.  I
> imagine this sort of distribution will only become more common in
> the future.

It would be cool to subscribe to a ton of feeds and only download the
episodes with matching keywords and have them appear in Watch
Recordings. Much better than downloading a bunch of crap I don't want
to see or sifting through YouTube to find the one thing of interest
among millions of videos I don't care about. Let me know when it's done!

-Brad