[mythtv-users] Integrating non-traditional program sources into MythTV (won't tell you what it 'was:')

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Jul 22 17:25:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 04:29:18PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>    Until true "Internet broadcast" content which appears on a schedule
>    and only on a schedule shows up, I will continue to struggle to see
>    any value in direct integration with Myth short of dropping the
>    resulting content into Myth accessible folders for it to be viewed.

New items appear in such feeds whenever they appear.

New programs appear in program guide data whenever they appear.

The only difference I can see is that if it's broadcast, you have to
*wait* until it actually airs to record it, and it might go away,
whereas with feeds, you can grab it the minute you're told it's there.

So the sorts of feeds we're talking about *do* have "content appear on
a schedule"... it's just that the delay between when you're told about
it and when you can get it is 0.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.