[mythtv-users] USB Harddrives

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Tue Jul 22 15:30:09 UTC 2008

> Agreed... but the heat issues tend to be more pronounced in an external box.
> Also, once you have the external box, it's a little harder to resolve that
> problem than with a full sized box.

I am using one of these:
http://computershopper.com/reviews/antec-mx1-external-hard-drive-enclosure-review
which is fan-cooled.  I have had good luck with it, but have not had it
all that long.  It does both USB and eSATA.  I am using eSATA and it is
as fast as a drive inside the box (as it should be).

I got this plus a 500-GB Seagate at Fry's for about $130, just a couple
of bucks more than the mybooks and ibooks, etc. of the world for the
same storage, but it comes with a fan.

J.S.