[mythtv-users] First Time User :: Problem with Hauppauge PVR-500 (System Reboots)

Param Singh mithu.singh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:05:26 UTC 2008

So, now I have my MythTv ( v0.20 ) + MySQL + Schedule Direct ( TV
Listing ) and all other stuff installed. Mythtv has detected by
PVR-500 and I've setup its two tuner cards using mythtv-setup.

I can watch TV without any problems by issuing the following command :

$ mplayer /dev/video0

However, when I try to watch Live-TV through MythTV; the TV screen
goes blank and I cannot "Esc" out of it (had to reboot). To figure out
what's happening I tried "tail -f /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log" (
the only log file present there ) but there were no logs spitted out
after I started the `Watch-Live-TV` mode and TV blanked out ( although
SSH connection was working fine ).

Since, I can watch TV without any problems on MPlayer; I doubt if its
a hardware problem anymore...

Stuck Again :-P

~Param

* System ( Hauppauge-PVR-500, GeForce 6200 512MB, MB=Dragon Soyo
P4x400 Lite, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.70GHz, 1.5Gb RAM, MythTv 0.20,
Ubuntu-2.6.15-52 )