[mythtv-users] Nova-t 500 1GigHz CPU?

Simon Allcorn simon.allcorn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:58:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

Also check you are turning on the onboard amp on the 500-t:

search for 'force_lna_activation' in this wiki page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI

>signal-to-noise (SNR) and bit error ratio (BER) data for your current

SNR should be good*
BER should be low*
uncorrectable error rate (UER ? not sure) should be none*

* I currently have 2 nova-t cards and 1 nova-s card. the above stats are all
in terms of %ages, but tzap and szap seem to report them back differently -
in some instances a BER of 100% is good for the nova-t, but a BER of 0% is
good for the nova-s ! (or something like that)
I'll get you a better answer if your interested by repeating these tests if
your interested.

Simon