[mythtv-users] MKV, The Internal Player, and You.

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:47:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:45 AM, David DeMan <zachron at gmail.com> wrote:
> interesting... cause that would make me believe it is something
> specific with how handbrake is doing thier MKV's as i have also been
> using handbrake on a mac mini running 10.4.x...
> though i was under the impression that handbrake used the x264 stuff
> for encoding, which is what ffmpeg/mencoder also uses right?

Handbrake uses a new/different mkv muxing library which seems to cause
problems with most other programs, including at least vlc and myth. I
tend to remux with mkvmerge following the encode to get seeking
working properly elsewhere.

That said I do still have problems, with myth seemingly losing track
of the correct aspect ratio of h264 video.