[mythtv-users] Myth Database Optimize With Log Redirect Gives Error, Without Log Redirect No Error

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:34:34 UTC 2008

2008/7/21 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
>> i did need to use CPAN to install this in fedora 9. even with the CPAN module
>> installed, the "Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is not installed!" still happens,
>> though the script seems to run anyway.
>
> Whatever you do, please do /NOT/ search the list for
> "Net::UPnP::ControlPoint", as in doing so, you would find 3 tickets (at
> the top of the list).  The first, #5027, was from the last guy who
> "found" this problem.  The second, #4926, is from someone else who
> dislikes the message.  And the third, #4754 (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/318378#318378 ) is
> one you should never ever read, even though it's referenced from both of
> the other two tickets.
>
> I just want to spare you all the disappointment of finding the answer to
> the questions you ask in case you're enjoying the wild goose chase
> you're on.

Thanks, as always, Mike. The first rule of Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is
you do not mention Net::UPnP::ControlPoint. The second rule...

/me wonders why sphery does not have commit rights so trivial tickets
like #4754 do not go stale in trac for months when they could be
benefitting /users/.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: