[mythtv-users] YouTube Favorites/Playlist Not Loading in MythStream

Eric ericgies at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jul 22 08:15:54 UTC 2008


On 22 July 2008 04:57:06 C.T. Paterson wrote:
> Some time ago, I used the rss feeds published through referd.info to
> access my YouTube favorites and playlists in MythStream (ie.
> http://www.referd.info/favorites/MYUSERNAME/rss.php).  All was well
> until a couple of days ago, when the lists stopped loading (I get 0KB
> retrieved).  The "YouTube Top Viewed Today" that comes by default
> still works.
I tried a random feed, and that one worked (using the youtube/feed parser).

> I have confirmed that the favorites are still set up in my account.  I
> have confirmed that referd.info is still publishing my list.  I
> compared the XML from the web with a previously loaded XML snapshot in
> the mythstream cache - and while there are some slight changes to the
> document format, I've confirmed that the output from dumping each into
> ~/.mythtv/mythstream/parsers/youtube/feed.pl end up identical.  I'm a
> little stumped as to where to go next.
Is the "0KB retrieved" message the first one that appears? If so, the parsing 
isn't the problem because there *is* no data to parse: Mythstream fails to 
download it for one reason or another.

This can be verified by inspecting the ~/.mythtv/mythstream/parsers/list.xml 
file. Does that contain the feed's data?

Where to go next:
- try to empty the mythstream cache
- try to start the feed multiple times (if that works: DNS threading issue)
- start mythfrontend from commandline and check the output
- inspect network traffic with a sniffer

To sniff on your mythbox you can run wireshark using remote X, or use 
tcpdump -i eth0 port 80 or port 53 -s 1500 -w test.dump on the box and 
inspect the resulting file with wireshark on your desktop.

> Any advice would be most welcome.  A father's god-like ability to make
> anything appear on the TV is at stake
You can always blame me :)

Eric.




More information about the mythtv-users mailing list