[mythtv-users] MKV, The Internal Player, and You.

David DeMan zachron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:45:33 UTC 2008

>  No, but the 2 that wont seek were.   After running into that problem I've
> moved on to a variety of shell scripts that rip and reencode using both
> mencoder and ffmpeg. All of those ones play correctly.
>
>  Note that was handbrake on a Mac mini running osx 10.4.x  . I've yet
> to try handbrake under Linux or on windows.

interesting... cause that would make me believe it is something
specific with how handbrake is doing thier MKV's as i have also been
using handbrake on a mac mini running 10.4.x...
though i was under the impression that handbrake used the x264 stuff
for encoding, which is what ffmpeg/mencoder also uses right?