[mythtv-users] Flickering lines at the bottom of TV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jul 22 02:25:53 UTC 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 7:22 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Jul 21, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> I was a bit skeptical of overscan being my issue for a couple
>>> reasons. 1) It only happens on a single channel.  2) It doesn't
>>> happen 100% of the time (but often enough it's worth delving into.).
>>
>> I can do better than that. It only happens for me on certain shows on
>> a particular channel. ;)
>
> So is the only option to displace the scan on ALL programs if you
> ever want
> to watch that show/channel on livetv?  And if you can wait until a
> userjob
> ends to crop the bottom lines off?

Well, I chose the option of ignoring the lines but yeah, your options
to get rid of the lines are to increase the size of all your programs
or transcode them when they're done recording with a user job. I
promise that you won't notice the missing 2% or so once you set it. In
fact, that's the way the programs are meant to be presented.