[mythtv-users] Nova-t 500 1GigHz CPU?

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Mon Jul 21 15:21:39 UTC 2008

> Hi there!
>
> I've finally managed to get my system sort of running. Trouble is, my
> live TV is jittery and horrible. To me, it looks like the signal is bad
> but when I change channel I get a signal of 61% - which isn't bad is it?
> I'm sure when I had the box in my living room it was about that.
>
> I testes CPU usage with top and mythbackend was only using 10% of my
> CPU! So it can't be that can it?
>
> The antenna is in the same position I have just re-cabled from my loft
> into my garage. Could it be bad cable? Are there differing qualities of
> UHF cable?

I'm no expert, but it might help if you posted what you are using to
capture the video with.

As for UHF cable, there are literally hundreds of different types of coax
cable.  Many of these have characteristics that are wrong for use as TV
antenna cable.
Did you put new connectors on the cable?  It's easy to do this wrong and
end up with a bad picture.