[mythtv-users] Myth Database Optimize With Log Redirect Gives Error, Without Log Redirect No Error

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Mon Jul 21 20:25:18 UTC 2008

At 12:47 PM 7/21/2008, C D Waddell wrote:
>You need to install the perl library net-upnp, you can do this in
>fedora using apt-get, or yum. One of the commands below should work.
>
>apt-get install perl-Net-UPnP
>
>or
>
>yum install perl-Net-UPnP
>
>--CD Waddell
>
>On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Mache Creeger
><<mailto:mache at creeger.com>mache at creeger.com> wrote:
>>I run a cron script to optimize my myth database every night.
>>
>>When I run it on the command line I get the following result.
>>
>># /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl >>
>>/var/log/mythtv/optimize_mythdb.log
>>Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is not installed!
>>
>>When I run it without the output redirected to the log file, it runs
>>to completion without error.
>>
>>Fedora 9
>>
>># uname -r
>>2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686
>>
>>mythtv-0.21-191.fc9.i386
>>
>>Any ideas
>>
>>-- Mache

I tried that

# yum install perl-Net-UPnP
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
atrpms                                                   |  951 B     00:00
primary.xml.gz                                           | 163 kB     00:01
atrpms                                                         653/653
fedora                                                   | 2.4 kB     00:00
updates                                                  | 2.3 kB     00:00
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package perl-Net-UPnP available.
Nothing to do

There does not seem to be a repo that has a Fedora 9 package.

-- Mache