[mythtv-users] USB Harddrives

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:18:05 UTC 2008

On 7/21/08, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> as a temporary working (well permanent until something better comes along) i
> made a hourly cron job that mounts and umounts the drive.  hopefully this
> will keep the drive active enough to not goto sleep.

With my 1 TB MyBook I had read that the drive would spin itself down
after about 10 minutes of inactivity, so I set up a cron job to
'touch' a dummy file every 5 minutes.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent