[mythtv-users] Which remote code set and LIRC file should I pick for my MX-500?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Mon Jul 21 14:58:32 UTC 2008

Dan Wilga wrote:
> I have an MX-500, and I've rarely found a predefined config inside the
> remote that works well in every situation. Instead, I "taught" it using
> the Hauppaugue remote that came with my PVR-350. I also added the stock
> PhilipsRC5 config from the LIRC database and, from time to time, teach
> the 500 a new button using the IR blaster (USB-UIRT) attached to my Myth
> box.
>
> The wonderful thing about having a remote with NV-RAM to hold the
> settings is that they never get lost. I've had my MX-500 for probably 5
> years, and just keep evolving the setup as needed.

Thanks for the reply,

I came to the same conclusion.  I picked a remote I had left over from a
dead DVD player.  All is working but I have that one question of where
do I put the command "lircd -H udp -d 5000" that starts lirc to play
with my HD HomeRun?  I guess I could experiment but I wonder where the
preferred spot is?  Documentation online looks way too complex and I
suspect it is not up to date with my mythbuntu 8.04 system.

Allen