[mythtv-users] Motherboard Recommendation needed

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sun Jul 20 15:06:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Duncan Brown <mythtv at duncb.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I'm looking to upgrade my rather old myth box, and am getting very tired
> and frustrated trying to find a suitable motherboard!
>
> I'm not bothered whether I go for an intel or amd processor.
>
> The specs I am looking for are:
>
>    * Onboard graphics good enough for HD - guess that means an nVidia
>      chipset?
>    * 3 PCI slots - this is the most important bit, and the hardest to
>      find it seems
>
> If anyone has any recommendations I'd be very grateful, I really need
> the 3 PCI slots minimum for all my tuner cards

Howdy Duncan,

I don't have HD yet, so I can't say with any certainty, but I thought
I read that Intel's latest drivers were working ok - although thinking
about it more, I seem to recall a restriction (certain resolutions?).
You might search the archives, or maybe someone will speak up.  The
point is that they are actively working and improving it in an open
manner - that's why they got my dollars.

   Marc