[mythtv-users] "Cars" dvd crashes internal DVD player to desktop

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun Jul 20 01:30:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 5:44 AM, qwerty byrd <qwertybyrd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running MythDora 5, and when I try to play the Disney DVD "Cars" using
> the internal dvd player, it successfully plays all of the commercials and
> such, then crashed Mythfrontend to the desktop when it gets to the movie. I
> am able to play the dvd in the same machine using vlc.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem with this dvd? Is there a solution?
>
> Any assistance is appreciated!

I'm on Mythbuntu, and it seems to be revision 17416 (whatever the
latest update on mythbuntu repositories is).
I rip all my dvds to ISO and play them off a fileserver.

Up until ~6 weeks or so ago everything I threw at it played
flawlessly.  After one of the recent updates, though, it now crashes
on almost 2/3 of dvd isos.  Nothing else in the system has changed...