[mythtv-users] Moving from KnoppMyth to Mythbuntu

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 15:55:37 UTC 2008

As noted in another post to this list I have run into issues with the
new version of KnoppMyth (version 5.5), which has me wondering "Is the
grass greener on the other side". I have briefly played with Mythbuntu
on my long suffering, often abused test box, and was basicly happy
with what I saw.

So, I am wondering what sort of pitfalls await me if I choose to move
from KnoppMyth R5F27 to Mythbuntu 8.04?

I am assuming the easiest route would be to install Mythbuntu 7.10, as
it, like Knoppmyth R5F27 also runs MythTV 0.20, then take Mythbuntu
8.04. Right?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions / advice.

Colin.