[mythtv-users] KnoppMythR5.5 out, sigh...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 12:44:23 UTC 2008

Just to note, KnoppMyth R5.5 is out, and well, from what little I have
seen of it, ... not so good...

Last evening I downloaded the new KnoppMyth, and attempted to upgrade
my current KnoppMyth R5F27 (last release) box. The upgrade program
appeared to run correctly. Once the upgrade program completed, I
removed the CD and rebooted the machine.

The machine would freeze during the boot process. Watching the
messages displayed during the boot process I saw references to a
Hauppage digital tuner card, which I don't have, though I do have a
pcHDTV-5500 card. Removal of the pcHDTV-5500 card allowed the machine
to boot.

Once booted the machine seemed to convert the back-up of database to
the new Myth 0.21 format, but this was followed by a large series of
database error messages showing up on the terminal window...

For now I have reverted back to KnoppMythR5F27, and my advice would be
to avoid going to R5.5... Sigh...

Colin McGregor