[mythtv-users] [OT - Anyone else get one of these?] FWD: MythTV in FLOSS Media Center State of the Art paper (participation)

Giovani Spagnolo giovani at telematicsfreedom.org
Sat Jul 19 08:36:50 UTC 2008

I'd like to reply to this personally, since I am organizing the "study".

I should have explained it better... it is not purpose of this paper to
measure performance or stress of MC projects "under controlled
conditions". Neither is our intention to "pick a winner".

The goal is simply to build a State of the Art Comparison Chart on
current features in the most prominent FLOSS Media Center projects.
The web forms contain questions only about feature/functionality already
implemented or to be implemented.

And since building or renting a lab just to run all 10 MCs and take
notes of their features would be far from our budget (we're not a big
organization), we are asking for help inside each MC community to help
compile a reliable list (and we're doing parallel research on each
project documentation, too).

I thank you for the opportunity to explain this better, and I am
available for any further information or feedback.
I hope you can participate.

Thanks once again,
Giovani Spagnolo
Telematics Freedom Foundation