[mythtv-users] Upgrading Fedora 8 to 2.6.25.x kernel with IVTV

Scott Kidder kidder.scott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 23:52:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:

> I am remembering posts on this, but couldn't find a specific resolution in
> the archives.
>
> I haven't upgraded my Fedora 8 backend with a winpvr 500 to the 2.6.25 yet
> because of the missing ivtv kernel module package. I have just confirmed
my
> memory that there isn't one any longer because the driver is now included.
>
> If I do a 'yum update', yum wants to remove both the ivtv and ivtv-kmdl
> packages. Can any other Fedora 8 user confirm that this does in fact work
?
> Did you have to do anything to have the new module loaded ?

I have been using kernel 2.6.25.6-27.fc8 with MythTV 0.21 without any
issues.  I have manually-compiled builds of ivtv-1.2.0 and v4l-dvb (repo
snapshot from July 08 2008).  I'm using PVR-150 and HVR-1600 cards with
firmware from the IVTV support page for the CX18 chipset (
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Cx18).  Again, no problems.

--
Scott Kidder