[mythtv-users] Blu-Ray to Hard drive -- how do I play it in Linux?

Norm Dressler mlists at dressler.ca
Fri Jul 18 17:04:35 UTC 2008

I got a blu-ray drive in my HTPC.  I found a program called DumpHD that
says in order to play it in Linux I have to decrypt and dump to a hard
drive so I did that.

Now I have a BDMV directory and the STREAM directory under that has a
bunch of m2ts files.  I don't want to have to transcode or anything like
-- how can I play this decrypted copy of the BluRay disc now?

I tried mplayer -vc FFVC1 filename.m2ts but I get nothing but static on
the screen.  This was suggested in one of the forums I read.  Alot of
the stuff I read seems to be a year old so I'm hoping things have
progressed a bit better.

Norm